I am reach you regarding for Business Analyst and System Analyst positions because my project is going to end with in 2 weeks so that i am ready to capture another project, so can you please let me know do you have any positions that work on C2C basis.
Business analyst with 8 years of extensive and diversified experience in the finance and Insurance Domain. Experienced in software development lifecycle like Agile Scrum with exceptional skills in project management, financial management, planning, organizing, documenting and business support.
· In-depth knowledge of a wide variety of financial instruments including Retail and Commercial Loans, Line of Credits, Auto Finance, Mortgage, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Mutual Fund and Hedge Fund
· Extensive experience with Capital Market, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Credit Risk, Credit Rates, Market Risk, Operational Risk, ACH.
· Strong Knowledge of SDLC and AGILE methodologies and project life cycle.
· Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
· Proficient in requirements collection, from clients and processing information to the project team.
· Excellent knowledge of standard industry methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Iterative Software Development and Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process (RUP).
· Solid understanding of SDLC methodologies like Agile Scrum, Rapid Application Development (RAD)
· Considerable knowledge in the analysis, design, and reengineering of system applications and business processes, using structured system analysis methodologies, placement of business controls, diagramming data and process mapping, applying Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams.
· Extensive understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall, Agile Scrum and Rational Unified Process (RUP)
· Proficiency in requirement elicitation by coordinating and facilitating JAD sessions, brainstorming, conducting interviews with users, document analysis
· Expertise in drafting technical documentation – Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), System Design Specification, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test Cases
· Experience with creating of UML diagrams such as Activity, Use Case, Flowcharts, using rational products and MS Visio
· Strong SQL queries experience for data validation, data reference, data retriever with database integrations and data warehousing for large financial organizations.
· Extensive experience with data warehousing, Extraction, Transformation and loading (ETL) and Business
· In-depth knowledge of Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)/ Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
· Strong analytical, debugging, troubleshooting skills and quick learning abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills, extremely adept at diplomatically facilitating discussions and negotiations with stakeholders
· Strong recognized project management skills, consistently deliver complex, large-scale projects on time and within budget
· Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders and other project team members for requirements gathering, analysis and design.
· Performed reviews and audits on various processes.
· Experience in working with business users as well as senior management.
· Excellent Communication, Presentation and Interpersonal skills, Self-starter, Team player with Project Management and Leadership skills.
· Excellent Analytical skills to understand the Business Process and Functionality. Developing Functional Specifications for business process refinement and automation and data modeling conducting feasibility studies.
· Experience in writing queries/scripts for data analysis and QA report testing.
· Experience in reviewing Test plans, Test cases and Test case execution using Test Director.
· Experience in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
· Analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving, identifying root causes and taking corrective actions to meet long-term business and system requirements.
· MS in Information system engineering management.
· Bachelors in Business Management ( International Finance)
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Project Management: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access.
Business Process Modeling: UML, Rational Rose, MS Visio
Software Lifecycle Management Methods: Joint Application Development (JAD), Rapid Prototyping, Agile Scrum, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Traditional Waterfall model.
Full Lifecycle Software Development Tools & Methods: Object Modeling Technique, Use Case Method, UAT, RTM,basic data modeling techniques, Exposure to Rational tool suite
Testing Tools: Rational Enterprise, HP Quality Center, SQL, TOAD
Data, ETL & Reporting Tools: ERWIN, SSIS, Informatics, SSRS, Cogons
Projects Tracking Tool: TFS, JIRA
Presentation & General Business Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Dynamics, Crystal Reports, SharePoint
Client: SE2 (Security Benefit) Topeka, Kansas
Duration: June 2016- Present
Senior Business Systems Analyst
The project at Se2 involved working with life and annuity products, policy admin platforms, insurance and financial services and broker dealer communications. The project also involved working with commissioning systems and client policies or claims. Worked on the front-end and back-end requirements, development on various projects like New product (Assured Income), Correspondence, GTP – Global trading platform, Orion, IVR etc.
- Involved in designing business requirement collection approach based on the Project scope and Agile scrum methodology.
· Worked on business artifacts like BRD, FRD, Test Cases, data mapping, etc.
· Created RFPs for IT service projects and worked with the stakeholders and finance department on refining the project budgets and costs.
· Ensured that processes and projects are documented and complied regularly to maintain highest standards of business process.
· Created statement of work (SOW), estimation documents as part of Project planning, resource and capacity estimations and work planning.
· Used MS Project to assist the Project Manager in managing project resources for the development team.
· Performed bi-weekly project quality reviews and escalate any functional quality issues or concerns to PMO.
· Delivered track and monitor reports for the team during project implementation and managed requirements, identified task dependencies for different project teams.
· Conducted weekly team meeting to discuss the current task status and upcoming tasks for the coming weeks and created reports for stakeholders and PM.
· Created task reports and defect triages, communicate with clients and stakeholders.
· Assisted internal and external business partners/clients and IT personnel to define and refined business requirements and support operational processes exclusive to insurance and business process management and facilitate the requirements gathering process.
· Worked on FAST and Life Cad policy administration platforms.
· Worked on Team Foundation Server i.e. TFS setup and used it to manage requirements, documentation, release notes, testing artifacts and source control.
· Used Visual Studio for database branching and release version source control.
· Tested and managed new solutions or processes, worked with Delivery Quality team for testing and data quality measurements.
· Used SQL for verifying Business Rules.
· Documented system functions to support development activity and operational processes using SharePoint.
· Effective project management skills and ability to understand Insurance terminology, insurance practices/processes and business trends.
· Identified changes in scope & managed the requirements change control process and represented the team at the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings.
Tools & Technologies:
Jira, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Office Suites, MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Dynamics, MS SQL Server, and UML
Amica Insurance Richmond, Rhode Island
Jan 2014 to March 2016
Project Manager / Business Analyst
Amica Insurance is one among the oldest mutual insurers in the United States. They provide Auto, Home and Life Insurance. Amicaýs Web Portal incorporates a wide range of features for Policyholders and new customers. I worked on an application that took care of online account services which included Bill paying, checking the bill history, changing customer profile, ordering auto insurance ID cards and modifying the load provider details. Implemented an integrated RUP solution with complete line of traceability for all the artefacts of web development projects.
· Established a RUP (Rational Unified Process) centric business analysis methodology.
· Developed a database in Microsoft Excel of employee life insurance policies.
· Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, RequisitePro, and Visio.
· Provided key initiatives in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
· Provided inputs in the strategic development of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates etc.
· Designed and Customized data models for Data warehouse.
· Managed workload, schedules and coordinated status review meetings with project managers, business managers, cross block BAs and team members.
· Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
· Tested validity and integrity of the calculation engines for Deferred Annuities, Past Services Pension adjustments.
· Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
· Performed requirement analysis, went through all the use cases and issue logs.
· Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to prepare a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, and process’ and revenue streams aimed towards problem solving.
· Helped design scope documents and the Request for Proposal (RFP) after extensive ROI analysis and coordinated with top management for the approval process.
· Conducted mass user interviews with brokers, enterprise user representatives and SMEs.
· Created customized report using OLAP Tools such as Crystal Report for business use
· Assisted in presenting reports and analysis to help guide the management.
· Organized cross training of team members and users to become more responsive.
· Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements
Tools & Technologies:
RUP, Rally, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, UML, Quality Center, SQL Server, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), OO Modeling.
Creative food group LLC- (Formally primo coffee inc) Newyork
Feb 2011- Nov 2013
Project Manager /Senior IT Finance Business Analyst
Creative food group is leading full-line foodservice distributor serving MD, VA and Washington DC Metro area. The company has a wide range of customer base comprising of hotels and restaurants, grocery stores, etc. With a variety of franchises, local brands, and proprietary brands under its umbrella, CFG offers consumers and landlords with a variety of options that best fits the needs of the location. To meet the growing demands of business, CFG is planning to migrate from the legacy system to Entrée software. NECS Entrée is one of the best ERP suites for food distributors containing all the functionalities including inventory management, order entry, purchasing, truck routing, warehouse management, accounting, and reporting functionality. Role was to implement of all accounting modules for a new ERP implementation. Further it demanded of maintaining, upgrading and consistently delivering an effective, value-added system.
· Lead in the implementation of all accounting modules for an enterprise-wide ERP implementation.
· Produce timely and high quality requirements, including requirement specifications, process flows, mock-ups wireframes, and configuration and testing.
· Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands.
· Use quantitative techniques to analyze the data and make decisions.
· Own the relationship with the finance team to ensure IT is delivering value.
· Interact with system architects and developers to ensure business system features are properly implemented.
· Provide production support for accounting modules.
· Analyzed Requirements and created Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements document (FSD) and Use Case Specifications using Requisite Pro
· Utilized Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to configure and develop process, standards procedures.
· Continuous communication with end users, stake holders, project managers, SME's, technical teams and quality analysts
· Vast experience conducting and documenting the As-Is/To-Be processes and Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
· Prepared system requirement specifications (SRS), system design document (SDS), traceability matrix (RTM), and testing strategy
· Assisted the Project Managers in the development of standard projects methodology and strategy; suggested and implemented AGILE SCRUM.
· Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, using UML and Business Process Modeling
· Experienced in configuring the adapters in connection with the source and destination application with WebSphere Message Broker
· Identified and documented architecture aspects of the system which involved Web services, Web Methods.
· Re-engineered system workflows for off shore development as the development ran through onsite-offshore business model
· Completed business process design and development project, included logical data flow diagramming, research and definition of data aggregation, validation of credit risk calculations & report format designs.
· Involved in creating Test Plans for various projects according to business & technical specifications with the QA Lead and feedback from Project Managers.
· Requirements analysis through SQL queries samples, prototypes, sourced data and reports.
· Involved in analyzing requirements, creating wire frames and User Interface (UI) Diagram
· Gathered Business requirements for Integration points and mapped them with Functional requirements
· Created AS-IS and TO-BE business process flow diagrams, Integrate process flow diagrams to show end-to-end business model and business process mapping including swim lanes
· Guided development teams to break down large and complex user story into simplified versions for execution
· Performed Data Analysis of existing data through SQL and MS Access
· Worked to create Data Mapping Documents and worked with business to write transformation rules through SQL
· Identified Test Harnesses, which assisted QA effort in reducing the redundancy of Automation Scripts and made them more reusable
· Worked with Product Managers, Analysts, and End-users to define & document Test Acceptance Criteria in Test Plan, Tests case within HP Quality Center (QC)
· Experienced test-case scenarios and root-cause analysis, GAP analysis, developing test scripts using SQL, conducting System Integration testing (SIT), user acceptance testing (UAT), training, and implementing new processes and technology
Tools & Technologies:
MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, Rally, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint 10.1, Quality Center, Oracle SQL developer, Toad, Oracle Mantas
LPL Financial, San Diego, CA
Jan 2009 to Dec 2010
Worked on Multiple projects which involved Creating Scope Documents and Business Requirement Documents for Advisory Income for life and Anti Money Laundering Purposes. Authored Functional Specification Documents for multiple projects: LPL/AXA Branchfile, LPL AXA Account View, 401 K Convert to TPA Address, NAR Ad Hoc Reporting System , Fixed Income Sell Platform, enhancements to the functionalities of the existing Mutual Fund and Equities Trading system and PM Batch Reporting system. Created an online Mapping tool for the Audit Department to help map out their routes and schedules when the auditors travel.
- Assisted scrum master to define project scope, risk involved, and developed project time lines for on time delivery.
- Acted as the Liaison between Line of Businesses (LOBs), Technology Partners (Source Applications) and implementation team.
- Documented high level business requirements involving key stakeholders from both business and IT on Anti Money Laundering Initiatives and AML deliverables and estimated project feasibility.
- Prepared business process models, defined present state flow that covers “As-Is” then defined the future state that covers “To-Be” diagram based on the requirements.
- Interacted with Subject matter experts (SME) of different divisions and followed a business analysis and design methodology around the agile scrum methodology.
- Conduct JAD sessions involving SMEs, business users and other stakeholders for better understanding and refining of the requirements.
- Involved in scrum sprint, planning sessions, sprint retrospectives and reviews, daily stand ups and user stories.
- Defined functional specification, created UML diagram, Business process flow, Activity diagrams using Visio to document system functionality and requirements.
- Created reporting metrics for Daily team meetings and executive meetings on behalf of the Transaction Monitoring and Investigations (TMI) unit.
- Designed data models in collaboration with data architect and data modelers, supported in creating ER diagrams defining entities, attributes, relationships and business rules.
- Support QA team with creation of test plan, test cases, for system integration and performance testing.
- Worked with SQL queries such as select, insert, update and delete for data manipulations.
- Involved in maintaining and creating enterprise wide test cases for Subject Matter Expert Testing, Oracle Mantas testing and Systems Integrated Testing (SIT).
- Created and maintained RTM to map requirements of the project against stages in the development life cycle and to track test cases throughout the testing phase.
Tools & Technologies:
MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, Rally, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint 10.1, Quality Center, Oracle SQL developer, Toad, Oracle Mantas .
Go ahead if you like it tell your friends
Tell us too