Cannellini Bean Spread (White Bean Spread)
Created by franc simari on 6/8/2017 10:27:56 AM
Use this spread to smear nice and heavy between the bread before you stuff it with all your goodies. Also delicious as a dip and saves a ton of money. Serve it to your guests, and when they ask you "where did you buy this" tell them you made yourself you got the recipe from the Crazy Calabresi website.
- 2 small carrots skinned and cut into small pieces
- 2 celery stalks washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup or more chicken stock
- 1 can white cannellini beans drained
- fresh parsley for decorating (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper to season
- hot pepper flakes for spicing things up (optional)
Place the first 3 ingredients in a small heavy bottom pan and cook until onion becomes translucent, add garlic and cook a little more, add one cup chicken stock, add beans.
Cook at medium heat until beans are tender, 15 to 30 minutes depending on the beans. Stir frequently and gently, and make sure all ingredients are under liquid all the time, add chicken stock as necessary.
When cooked, use an immersible blender and whip the day lights out of it until smooth. Taste and season to your liking, I like a little more salt on mine, thanks.
Make some croutons by slicing and toasting skinny baguette 1/4 inch thick, use it to scoop the spread and snack.
Smear spread on the bottom and top bread cuts
Go ahead if you like it tell your friends
Tell us too